How to add a Role-Based Picklist?
Step to add the Role Base Picklist:
- Go CRM Settings > Module Management > Modules Fields and Layouts
- Select the preferred Module from the "Select Module" drop-down field. For example, we would be using the Contacts module.
- Click on "Add Custom Field"
- Create custom field form will popup, Select Field Type from a drop-down list as Picklist field type
- Provide field name in the Label Name field.
- Provide the Picklist Values in the Picklist Values Field.
- To assign the picklist values to the role(s), Enable the "Role-Based Picklist" checkbox.
- Click on the Save button.
How to assign values to Roles?
Step to assign the Picklist values to Role:
- Go to CRM Settings > Configuration > Picklist Field Values.
- Select the preferred Module from the "Select Module" drop-down.
- Select the preferred Picklist field from the "Select Picklist" drop-down.
- Click on Values assigned to a role tab.
- Click on the Role Name dropdown menu and select a Role.
- Click in the box and assign the values.
- Click on the Save button
Scenario: In a sale management process, only the Manager level Role should have permission to mention 'Closed lost' in the Sales Stage.
Sales Manager View
Sales Person View